Discover believes that spiritual growth is accelerated and deepened in community with others seeking a closer walk with Jesus. Jesus understood this. He spent time with his twelve disciples (Life Groups) and His inner circle of three disciples: Peter, James, and John (D-Groups). Both groups are structured to grow committed followers of Jesus. Since each type of group has a different emphasis, people are encouraged to be in both a Life Group and a D-Group. Here are some characteristics of D-Group:
- D-Groups focus on daily scripture study, journaling, fellowship, and accountability
- D-Groups generally meet weekly in restaurants, homes, or the Discover campus
- Meetings generally last between 1.5 to 2 hours per week
- D-Groups consist of 3 to 5 members of the same gender
- D-Groups last 12 to 18 months
- During the week, members study a book of the Bible, journal 4 to 5 times, and then meet to share what they've learned and how to apply it
For more information, contact...