At Discover, we don't have an official "creed," but these are our core beliefs:
• There is one God, Creator of heaven and earth, who exists eternally in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Genesis 1:1, 26; Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19-20; John 1:1, 14; 10:30-33; 14:9; Acts 7:55)
• The Bible is inspired and given to us directly by God. It has no fault.It should not be added to or taken away from.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17; Revelation 22:18-19)
• All have sinned and deserve eternal separation from God. It is impossible for anyone to restore their relationship with God by their own good works.
(Romans 3:23-24; James 2:10)
• Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who led a sinless life, was crucified, and was raised to life. His sacrifice allows us to be seen by God as holy and without sin.
(John 3:16; Romans 8:34-39)
• The forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit are granted by God's grace through faith in Jesus. That faith is obediently lived out through belief, confession, repentance, baptism, and following Jesus.
(Ephesians 2:8-10; Romans 10:9; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4; Matthew 4:19)
• The Church exists to take the good news of Jesus to all people in every nation; to serve the world; to encourage and strengthen other believers.
(Matthew 28:19-20; Ephesians 4:11-13, 1 Peter 4:10-11)
• Believers should worship God and love Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. Christians are to grow in faith and practice as empowered by the Holy Spirit.
(John 4:23; Mark 12:30-31; Galatians 5:22-23)
• Jesus will visibly return without warning to judge all people. Non-believers will spend eternity separated from God, and faithful believers will spend eternity with God.
(Revelation 20:11-21:8; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18)